SoundView Technology Group Issues NXT-ID Update (NASDAQ: NXTD); A Focused B2B2C Technology Play in Security
"We expect management will execute and later this year reach a "market value" for the company of $2.50 to $3.50/share. - SoundView
BOSTON - April 13, 2016 (Investorideas.com Newswire) SoundView Technology Group (http://soundview.co) releases the following market and company update for NXT-ID, Inc. (NASDAQ:NXTD).
A FOCUSED B2B2C TECHNOLOGY PLAY IN SECURITY
KRIS TUTTLE: APRIL 12, 2016
NXT-ID has brought the elements of their strategy together to provide technology to larger organizations needing strong solutions in security, privacy, authentication and payments. Although the company has taken flack for not conquering the world with their Wocket digital wallet last year, these large deals and the strategy would not have been possible without the pioneering work that went into shipping a working if not perfect product.
Investors in NXT-ID should consider the following:
- 1. Security, privacy and convenience remain huge concerns for consumers and the companies serving them. Despite massive investments, progress has been lacking. New technologies like EMV and digital payments are promising but will take years if not decades to become universal.
- 2. The Wocket has proved the value of the digital wallet concept and led them to a landmark deal with WorldVentures to deliver a next-generation card in volume that will solidify NXT-ID technology as the key to providing a smart, secure, private and convenient consumer "card."
- 3. As NXT-ID ramps revenue this year by delivering against the $15M WorldVentures purchase order they will finally be demonstrating robust revenue growth. Most importantly, it marks a shift from a "development stage" company to commercial success.
- 4. Up next are more alliances and deals that will extend the footprint of NXT-ID technology further into payments and also more broadly into consumer-focused products in the "internet of things" or IoT technology market. We've seen a huge increase in activity and investment from large companies and startups to leverage IoT into new markets in healthcare, smart homes, smart cars, etc. The upgraded card technology delivered this year is a strong platform for these types of applications.
- 5. NXT-ID is building a solid commercial technology franchise with what will become a range of partners. According to re/code, Samsung paid $250M for LoopPay and PayPal paid $280M for Paydiant. Both are comparable transactions for what might eventually occur at NXT-ID. The current market value of NXTD stock is about $30M based on the 61.5 shares outstanding post their most recent offering.
- 6. Management expects to file their 10-K within the allowed extension time and is just working through some of their transactional complexity with KPMG.
1. Replay link: http://edge.media-server.com/m/p/c8nomvhy or see a full transcript (PDF): http://s3.amazonaws.com/PUBLISHED/NXT-ID_Investor_Update_Transcript_and_Slides_April_2016.pdf
Given the large and expanding market opportunity, existing alliances, additional agreements pending, a strong management team and the potential for M&A, the stock at $0.50 looks very attractive.We expect management will execute and later this year reach a "market value" for the company of $2.50 to $3.50/share.
The WorldVentures deal for NXT-ID is a game changer. The stock ran up to $1 on the announcement and three months in the shares have retraced to $0.50 despite being much closer to realizing the benefits from the deal. At the same time, the company has been advancing their dialog with other companies for which the NXT-ID technology is an obvious fit.
The deal also de-risks the story by a fair amount. The product still has to be delivered in volume, but so far the progress has been good and is on schedule. We acknowledge that there is always a possibility that things will slip, but it's far from an "invention needed" type of situation.
At least one additional deal is highly probable in 2016, and two or more are possible. That would put NXT-ID in a very comparable position to LoopPay and other technology properties that have been acquired. Based on prior deals, that would suggest something on the order of $150 to $250M versus the current $50M market value.
Read the full report: http://s3.amazonaws.com/Published_Research/NXT-ID_SV_NOTE_APRIL_2016_Final.pdf
ABOUT SOUNDVIEW RESEARCH
SoundView conducts independent research - mostly on emerging technologies. We like thematic-driven companies where technology is involved and use analysis to identify the most promising investment opportunities.
Our business model is combination of subscription fees along with some direct investments and advisory fees. We measure our success by the quality of our analysis, accuracy of the conclusions and the size and influence of our audience. We apply our own proven approach to valuation that we call intrinsic value (IV) for informing investment decisions and optimizing portfolio management.
SoundView serves as a strategic advisor to NXT-ID and provides advisory and other services to the company including strategy advice, company positioning, investor communication methods and ongoing technology and market research. SoundView employees do not have positions or other vested interest in NXT-ID stock. Additional disclosures at: http://s3.amazonaws.com/Published_Research/NXT-ID_SV_NOTE_APRIL_2016_Final.pdf.
SoundView Technology Group
SoundView Technology Group
Read this release in full at http://www.investorideas.com/CO/NXT/news/2016/04131.asp
More info on NXTD at Investorideas.com Visit: http://www.investorideas.com/CO/NXT/
Sign up for free news alerts
This news is published on the Investorideas.com Newswire – a global digital news source for investors and business leaders
Disclaimer/ Disclosure: The Investorideas.com newswire is a third party publisher of news and research as well as creates original content as a news source. Original content created by investorideas is protected by copyright laws other than syndication rights. Investorideas is a news source on Google news and Linkedintoday plus hundreds of syndication partners. Our site does not make recommendations for purchases or sale of stocks or products. Nothing on our sites should be construed as an offer or solicitation to buy or sell products or securities. All investment involves risk and possible loss of investment. This site is currently compensated by featured companies, news submissions, content marketing and online advertising. Contact each company directly for press release questions. Disclosure is posted on each release if required but otherwise the news was not compensated for and is published for the sole interest of our readers. Disclosure: As of October 1, 2015 NXT-Id renewed for one year –five thousand per month and fifteen thousand 144 restricted shares for PR, media and marketing. http://www.investorideas.com/About/Disclaimer.asp and http://www.investorideas.com/About/News/Clientspecifics.asp